Jim Makos Photography and Resources
I am a photography enthusiast. I discovered photography as a hobby when I began taking photos of my daughter when I became a dad. Since then I have been using DSLR, mirrorless and other cameras. Although I found a passion for filmmaking, photography techniques have come in handy. Of course, pictures help tell a story better on the web, thus photography goes hand in hand with my writing online.
I have been uploading my best photos on Flickr.
You can find the five most recent articles I wrote about I wrote about photography here.
Some links below are affiliate links. By clicking on them, you not only help me pay this blog’s bills, but you also show your appreciation towards any helpful tip you read in my website. Besides, you don’t have to use the links if you don’t like. The price is the same whether you use the link or not.
I used to list my cameras, lenses and other gear here but since technology evolves, I find it difficult to keep this page up to date. Thus, you can check out the equipment I use at kit.co.
Photography Software and Film Emulations
- Editing software: Adobe Lightroom
- Film emulation software: VSCO, VSCOcam, IWLTBAP, Lutify.Me
Photography tools and other resources
- SmugMug: Store, share, and even sell your photos.
- Windowed.io: Manage Instagram from your desktop.
- Photonstophotos.net: Compare the dynamic range for multiple cameras.
- LonelySpeck: How to find the Milky Way.
- CameraDecision: Camera specs comparison website.
- CameraSize: Compare the size of all cameras and lenses.
- Petges.lu: Change the file properties of your photos, like the date they were captured.