You just found my website! Great! Now let me tell you what my website is all about. And I’ll start by saying this:
I have nothing to sell you!
Yeap, you heard that right. I don’t offer any services. I don’t have products to sell. I’m not personally affiliated with any brand (*).
I am free to tell you my unbiased opinion, to share my personal thoughts with you.
(*) Let’s also take care of that asterisk right now. In my articles, I link to products and services that I have benefited from and have personally used it. Some of those links are affiliate links, meaning I get a cut if you buy any of them with no additional cost for you. I do this because I, like you, enjoy a side income. It’s also a way of you showing your appreciation for my work. Don’t worry, no harm feelings if you highlight and search for the products. I do it myself!
Glad we took care of this early on. And for any doubters out there, I do NOT make a living from this blog. I have other streams of income to sustain my living standards and raise my family.
Let’s move on to why I and you are here.
Gambling, investing, photography and filmmaking are my hobbies. Some are old, some are new hobbies of mine. They are also quite lonely hobbies if you are doing them from home or you are a one-man show.
So, here I am all alone trying to reach out there for other gambling, investing, photography and filmmaking enthusiasts, hopefully like yourself. Consider this post my brief introduction and my first attempt to become friends with you.
Unrelated hobbies you say? Pretty much, yes, I agree.
But then again, you will also find me talking of how I run my company and how I build websites from scratch. Or how my life is as an entrepreneur, work-from-home dad along with some tips for startups!
Consider this: A person is used to gamble his money, learning how to manage his money properly along the process. He has also become familiar with trading stocks (and currencies) worldwide and investing in companies, monitoring earnings reports and funding rounds. The same person has launched a digital publishing company, putting his very own money again on the line and becoming a startup founder himself. Do you still think there’s no relation in all that?
In short, that’s a disciplined, risk-seeking gambler turned to an entrepreneur investing in domains, websites, and companies/stocks from his home, who has just found out about how to use his camera! That’s me!
It’s funny how unpredictable and diverse life can become! So, what interests you the most?
- “I like betting on sports, playing poker and want to become a blackjack card counter in casinos! Where’s the gambling section?“
- “Greed is good, so is stock and forex trading. I’m also looking ways to invest and diverse my portfolio. Take me to the investing posts, please!“
- “Searching how to incorporate my business and how to form a US company. Do you have any entrepreneurship tips to share?“
- “I want to start my own blog/website and want to now how to rank better at Google. I could use some web development advice!“
- “I am on the market for a new camera. Also I want to improve my pictures and find other photography enthusiasts. Let’s connect!“
- “Shooting video inspires me! Maybe I’ll start a vlog. Adding that film look in my videos fascinates me, as well. How do you do it?“
Ok, you scrolled down the page, looking for buttons to click? Here you go!
How is my website different than the rest?
Actually, it isn’t. It is just a website, or a blog to put it more accurately, where the blogger – that’s me – is discussing the latest news of their industry with the blog’s visitors – that’s you. Big deal; that is what every other blogger is doing to their blog.
Don’t expect a punch line at this point. This blog is just like any other regular blog that features:
- Quality posts: I try my best here creating good content. Good English content. And it’s a bit difficult if you consider I come from Greece! Although I double and triple check every sentence, my posts will have more mistakes than the average English-speaking bloke’s blog post you are laying eyes on. So, I will take whatever criticism comes my way and I promise I will try to improve. All the time. My goal is to publish meaningful and grammatically correct articles in my blog at all costs.
- Eye-opening topics: Sure, I could write how much money I won last month (although I shouldn’t) or even better, how much I lost on a single poker hand (a lesson to be learned). But that won’t interest you and I doubt it would be beneficial for the readers of my blog. On the contrary, there is a lot more value in posts where I explain my thought process! I have already published hundreds of posts, but admittedly the majority of them are below par and in all honesty, I hope you never find them (I did delete many though)! You see, I didn’t regard blogging as serious business as I have now. Thus, I am looking to post topics that will stun the readers of my personal blog.
- Authentic community: Building a community through a blog is tough, I won’t lie to you. I need people to comment on my posts. That’s you again! Unfortunately, you aren’t the only one who can leave a comment. Despite the ironclad spam filters, spammers and haters keep trolling online. I won’t go easy on them. I do encourage productive discussion and by safeguarding the comment section, I am attempting to build trust among the community of my blog.
- Honest and fearless content: This is my personal blog if anything else. I am not afraid of sharing my views, no matter who thinks otherwise. Of course, I will also back up my words with evidence when needed. I am not going to post bogus information or fake images for the sake of traffic. If you read it in my blog, you can bet it is the absolute truth.
So, this is my blog. My gambling, investing, entrepreneurship, photography, filmmaking, web developing, personal blog. But it doesn’t have to stop there. I also blog about technology, new hardware or software, video games, and whatever I learned the hard way by blogging online.
Yes, yes, I know, every blog out there should target a specific niche.
Well, not mine.
I could build several blogs with a separate niche each and connect the dots. Yet, I chose differently. I chose to have this very blog as a place where I may share whatever I think will benefit the visitors. Visitors such as yourself who can be interested in the same hobbies as mine.
I do have built other blogs, but none is as personal as this blog.
This blog is more like a personal diary and you all have the keys to it!